Mark’s work as an Assistant District Attorney for the 21st Judicial District prepared him well to defend clients in Tennessee’s criminal courts. With over 22 years of legal experience, Mark’s private practice has focused on criminal law, representing people charged with DUI, domestic violence, underage drinking, drug possession, and white-collar crimes, among other offenses.
Mark is a Franklin native, active in Middle Tennessee civic and leadership organizations. He was recognized by the Tennessee Bar Foundation as an outstanding attorney of integrity and high ethical standards who has contributed to the legal profession and the public good.
An avid golfer and traveler, Mark has been married to Elizabeth Imorde Puryear for more than 21 years. He enjoyed coaching his three children’s sports teams when they were small. Now that the kids are older and mostly teenaged, he prefers to enjoy their sporting events from the safety of the stands.
- University of Tennessee Law School (Juris Doctorate, 1992)
- University of Tennessee (B.S., 1989)
- Battle Ground Academy
Honors & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tennessee Bar Foundation Fellow
- Former President of the Williamson County Bar Association
- Graduate, Leadership Franklin
- Board of trustees of Battle Ground Academy
- Franklin Noon Rotary Club
- Board of directors, United Way of Williamson County
- Board of directors, Williamson County Chamber of Commerce